It may not look very busy, but these little pumpkins almost did me in. I nearly got to the point of just showing you how frustrated I was and that there was not much to show for it. Then I thought about iridescent ice, and the world came together.
I love that stuff. It can make the most simple things look almost magical. I used three different framelits for my pumpkins and got to work. I used a large stylus to create grooves and texture to the surface, but from the back side. It really broke down the fibers a lot. Then I began to water color streaks to give dimension. That didn’t do a whole lot. Then I spritzed water and swiped ink on with my finger. It got better. Then I sponged with pumpkin pie and added early espresso too. At that point they looked okay, but still kind of sad.
That is when I tried the iridescent ice. I daubed the whole surface with versamark and sprinkled on the powder. I only used one coating and thought that would be enough. It was just right. I did sponge a bit more with early espresso afterwards. I layered the pumpkins together using dimensionals, with the stems too, and wrapped them all in linen thread. I wanted to leave it then, but decided on a simple word phrase. And there you go!
Have a creative day!