The project I had in mind for today was just too time consuming. That will have to be later on, perhaps Saturday. It was floral, so I still had to get my fix in there. The main stamp from this lovely hostess set was perfect.
I try to work when my family is busy, but this was done in the middle of a rushed morning. So, as I tried to accomplish a quick water coloring, I created something that made me less than happy. I was doing the no line technique and well, my lines got lost, almost completely. It looked like I was looking through a frosted glass. Instead of starting over, I just embraced the look and put some velum over the top. Win!
The project was just about some simple layers, nothing too tricky. I love being able to hide my adhesive well when working with velum. Yup, glue dots underneath the lovely silver spots. How great is that. I wanted to use the thread, but with the tags I usually punch a hole and make a bow. The card is too large in scale for a tiny bow like that, so I tried to go without. That did not work. A metal rimmed pearl came to the rescue and finished it off. Even though it wasn’t quite what I had planned, I do love how it turned out. What a great all occasion card to have on hand.
Have a creative day!