As another catalog year comes to a close I have to be brave and say goodbye to the things that I have loved so much. This card has so much of that in it. The stamp, and three of the colors. A very sad farewell indeed.
I masked a piece of water color paper and stamped the floral image in black stazon ink. I have loved this stamp so much. I do think it will stay with me even when it isn’t available to purchase. The only color I wanted for the flower petals was blackberry bliss. So, that meant some had more color than others and they all got special treatment to make them look unique but coordinated.
Before I painted the leafs and stems I applied the soft sky background. I knew that mossy meadow would cover easily and I still wanted to allow it to blend out a bit. It worked like a charm. The flower centers were painted in hello honey and allowed to blend out a bit into the flower. After the painting was done I just stared at it wondering how I wanted to distress it. I didn’t want splatters or spots, but didn’t want to leave it either.
I decided to use a spritzer and water. Several sprays later I started to like what I was seeing. I did some sponging with a paper towel to lift off some color, then a neat thing happened. I took my damp, inky paper towel and sponged from the bottom to the top which brought a very light amount of blackberry bliss with it. It looked pretty great so I went with it. I bet I couldn’t recreate it though, but I will most certainly try.
Have a creative day!