A project can go through several phases, and some can be unexpected. The original vision kind of got lost somewhere along the way, had some confusion, but ended up reasonably pleasing. These ladybugs though, too much love there.
My daughters have a canvas in their bedroom that inspired this little card. I was looking at it recently and thought of the new stamp and framelit set that could help me create my own version. I pulled some of my favorite pastel colors for the background and started the process. The more colors I use the longer it takes me to become satisfied with how they blend and flow together. I went through this one three different times and then once more when I added in the yellow around my little bugs.
I water colored on a scrap piece a mix of pool party and blushing bride. The umbrella was then cut out and hit again with more blushing bride. The clouds and raindrops were cut from areas that just had pool party. And yes, I did glue all of those parts down, even those little drops. I love the dimension the thick water color paper gives to them. Before I stamped my sentiment I added a touch of wink of stella to the clouds and raindrops. All the pieces were layered together and put in place. And before the blog had even been finished I was able to use it to brighten someones day. Wonderful.
Have a creative day!