The other day my daughter was wearing a fun pair of pants that were so colorful and had a bunch of fun patterns. Every time I looked at them I thought I should make a card. So, I literally went digging through her laundry to find them and give it a go. Inspiration comes from a lot of different places, but the laundry bin was a first for me.
I went through my paper files pulling scraps of the different colors I wanted. Most of the strips were fine, but some needed to be trimmed to give some diversity. Once I had the color strips ready I cut a base from printer paper to adhere them too. It was pretty easy to do because they were just stripes, nothing too tricky.
I used one of the elements from the butterfly basics set to put a few black stripes down as well. The piece was then trimmed to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and put through an embossing treatment. I was able to slide the piece around a bit lining up the patterns inside the stripes and along borders. I liked that part quite a bit.
The sentiments were stamped and layered with more basic black, but something still wasn’t quite right. The stripes were too stark. So, I got my trusty sponges out and went at the whole card front with smokey slate ink. It hi-lighted the embossed areas more and gave a bit of a distressed look. That is what I needed and I called it done.
Have a creative day!