This recycled kit was originally a valentines card with all kinds of little die cuts and stamping. Real big difference and I am totally in love with it. It is so sweet, and I came across a stamping technique that it going to be used again and again. It isn’t new I am sure, but new to me, so it counts.
I love this particular balloon stamp set. The outline images and then the fill stamp to give it a little interest and fun. My first thought for the card front involved several free floating balloons with hand drawn strings. Those strings just didn’t do it for me, they were distracting from the pretty balloons. So I tried again using the bouquet of strings for the balloons. That worked much better for me. I then adhered punched out balloons over the top of the stamping using a glue dot at the base of each balloon. It was enough to hold it in place and I don’t even mind that you can see the adhesive, totally worth it.
I had to add some on the inside as well. Giving the interest I love without a lot of bulk. Don’t get me wrong, when it is time to pile it on I go for it, but sometimes it is nice to not worry about putting something through the mail.
The tag was fun to add. The stitched framelits are adorable. They give a lovely finished edge so easily. I wanted to use the ribbon from the kit but I didn’t want to interrupt the lines of the balloons, so I kept the ribbon to the tag. I thought that worked out nicely.
While I love the look of a clean and simple card, the tag had a burst of color and it left the balloons out of balance. So I went back to the stamp set looking for some help. There are these two little dandelion flower guys that I thought could work. I placed them on the same block and stamped them across the bottom of the card in a bit of an upward angle. I thought it looked like the breeze was blowing them gently up into the air. The tag looked a bit bleak, so I gave it the same treatment. For me, the new technique was to carry the look of motion, or the flowers blowing, across the front of the tag. So fun!
Taking these old kits and putting them to work in a different way has been so much fun. Only two more days of sharing this little series, but I think it will change how I work. I always want to have kits on hand to play with.
Have a creative day!