I love it when a card looks more complicated to make than it really was. This is a great example of that process. This is probably as close to clean and simple as I get while staying comfortable with the end product.
I began with a piece of water color paper. Normally I mask it to a board and apply ink to the surface. This time I took some distress inks, rubbed them onto a craft surface, spritzed them with water and began to lay the paper into the ink. I moved it around until I was happy with the coverage and dried it completely. I sprinkled water with a wet brush to give the light spots.
One large stamp is all I wanted. I sponged all around the edges to darken it a bit then decided to sponge the flowers themselves. A simple task, but a lovely look. I left it at that, no other embellishments and I was good with it. I did repeat it on the inside and loved it.
Have a creative day!