This project is a companion to yesterdays post. Both card fronts were made with the same combination of distress inks, just in different sequences. This one was actually done first which is why the colors are more distinct. I certainly am enjoying this kind of painting.
As I placed the water color paper into the smeared and spritzed inks I made sure to allow white spaces to remain. I had to make myself stop adding color before some of that effect was lost. I can’t wait to try it some more.
When I finished drying the piece it felt like something more was needed to tie it together. I found a great stamp from the Garden in Bloom set and did some random stamping. The ink was too dark full strength, so these flowers were stamped off once before being applied. Then a fun ribbon for a bit of interest to finish the front. A little echo stamping was applied to the inside and the card was done.
Have a creative day!