This was an experiment all the way around. The only thing I hadn’t used yet was the paper. The color burst powder is some crazy cool stuff, but new to me. That was an adventure. Well, the brushing of color, adding and removing, stamping, spritzing and general mess making left me with this. I wasn’t quite happy with it, but let it be shared anyway. It is so silly after all.
I began the adventure with some of the color powder on a pallet, added water and began to apply to the background area. It was actually very dark purple to start with. The blue came second, and then both were lightened tremendously. Then I tried tapping bits of powder here and there on the piece and spritzing with water. A cool, and very different look happened then. That is where it looks like sprinkles of color.
It ended up making my wording look very muddled and hard to read. I had to outline the stamping with a pen and chose a brush tip just too wide. That is why it looks so very wonky. Like I said, I stuck with it. I painted the adorable little bird and was getting pleased again. Then I went too far and applied wink of stella to that bird. The gold wasn’t a problem, it was the white area. It got onto the stamp lines and instead of stamping over again, because I would have had to use my stamp-a-majig, and I didn’t feel that adventurous. My mistake, because my pen drawing over the goofed edges really didn’t do the stamp justice at all. Like I said, mistakes were made, products were experimented with, and I still thought I wouldn’t get judged too much on the final product.
My card base was made with pacific point card stock and layered with basic black. Nothing was layered up, just adhered heavily with fast fuse to keep that paper under control. It really got a proper working over. I do want to try again though.
Have a creative day!